Saturday, February 28

Back to normalcy or is normality (the dictionary says normalcy is viewed as an uneducated american's alternative to normality... I'm not too fussed)

Once again, it's been a while since I wrote. New Year's resolution: Keep up to date on this thing. With a new imac in tow that'll be much easier than my nomadic life of the summer. I spent my summer in Waiouru doing a bit of work/training in the Army on a couple courses, all good fun. I'm back into the swing of study now, ahh the blissful freedom of a student's life.

In my opinion this year, the student's profession is the pick of the crop as far as the recession is concerned. Why? Well, I'm not going to earn any more or less, student loans are still interest free so the rates are of no concern and I'll come out into the job market skilled up and ready to go. Only problem is if there's no job market to go into when I'm finished. Yes, minor point but I'm not one to fret.

I just found a mint site for nzers wanting to be proactive in reducing personal carbon emissions and get a bit more social cooperation going. Look at www.jayride.co.nz and browse around. You can click on your from/to location in NZ and it'll give you all the rides offered, some are good for commuting around the city and there's a few long hauls. Generally people are giving some really decent deals with trips from Auckland to Wellington for $30 and some rides are even free or negotiable. Obviously you gotta stay safe and use a bit of common sense but it's a creative and workable solution for beating the pricey pump.

Be Greener.

No comments: